Do you want an easy fail-safe recipe for a chocolate brownie? These Chocolate Cashew Brownies are truly amazing. They're also a huge hit with children, especially the little ones. You will have them going back again and again for another slice.
These are easy to make and comes out perfect each time. These indulgent chocolate-y brownies have a very nutty scrumptious crunch.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Melted butter, for greasing
- 150 g walnut chopped
- 200 g good-quality dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a 23cm square brownie tin with non-stick baking parchment. Brush pan with the melted butter to lightly grease.
- Spread nuts or walnuts on a baking tray and toast for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool and chop.
- Place the dark chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until the chocolate melts. Remove the bowl from the heat. Set aside.
- Combine oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat with electric beaters until paler in colour. Add the melted chocolate and continue beating until well mixed.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder over chocolate mixture. Using a large spoon, fold the mixutre until combined.
- Spoon mixture into the baking pan. Smooth the surface.
- Add walnuts on top.
- Bake in oven for 35 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove and cool completely.
Make sure to protect your hands when baking brownies, cupcakes or cakes. In our case, we have our Pratipad 4-in-1 Multipurpose Silicone Pot Holders which we just love, love, love! They function as pot holders, jar openers, trivets, and spoon rests as well. They're capable to withstand up -40°F to 446°F temperatures. So, we barely feel the heat or cold when handling things from the oven, microwave, or freezer. They look gorgeous too! Grab yours here.