Jamie Travis is a mac n’ cheese maven, a coffee aficionado, a Francophile, and a synesthete. She is also a dreamer and the author of the awesome food blog Jai La Vie. The name of her blog comes from two words: “Jai” (from her name Jaime) and “La Vie” (the life that she lived). Her web log chronicles her thoughts and the happenings in her life.
She loves Pinterest and have boards dedicate to her favorites, mac n cheese and coffee. She enjoys dining out and traveling. In fact, she’s created a Google map for her favorite NYC food spots. She lives in Hoboken, NJ with her boyfriend Tom.
1. Jai La Vie, your awesome blog covers fun topics ranging from mac and cheese, travel, photography, food, recipes and New York . What are your absolute favorite categories or topics to write about?
My favorite thing to blog about on Jai La Vie is recipes - not only does it allow me to share what's cooking in my kitchen, but when I get creative I also have a place to document my original recipes so I can reference them later.
2. While many sites come and go, your site has been around and thriving for years. What are some of the major factors has contributed to the success and long staying power of the site?
It's definitely a challenge to keep up with my blog when time is limited. But I think what keeps me writing is my passion for it - I love to write, I love to cook, and I especially enjoy combing those two hobbies into producing content for Jai La Vie!
3. You have amazing vegetarian recipes on your website. What's your inspiration for some of these ideas?
Even though I'm not a vegetarian myself, I am always trying to incorporate more vegetables into my everyday diet. This is especially important when I'm making an effort to eat healthy or slim down. Vegetarian recipes are an easy way to make sure I'm filling my meals with lots of good-for-you ingredients, and as an added bonus it's a plus for any vegetarian readers!
4. What platforms (Instagram, Twitter etc..) do you find is the best way to connect with your audience?
Like many food bloggers, I am a bit obsessed with Pinterest. It's a great place to share my recipes with the public, and also a platform to get inspiration from other bloggers. I also use Instagram a lot for my everyday life, so it's probably the platform where anyone can get to learn a little more about my personal life!
5. In terms of travel, events or projects, what are you looking forward to for the rest of 2016 and beyond?
This year I am trying to focus on quality, rather than quantity. Given that the blog is something I write for fun, I'd like to put more effort into my posts rather than feeling obligated to post every day. I'm also continuing my travels to lots of new places, so I'm going to be working on separating my travel blogging onto a separate platform - traverpolis.com - where I can hopefully build some travel advice for other wannabe explorers!
How to Reach Jamie Travis of Jai La VieWebsite