These easy classic cookies are the perfect sweet treats! They're perfect for this month. After all, October is National Cookie Month. They are so easy to make, and they store well. This recipe needs two kinds of sugar: granulated to give these cookies the crunch and brown to make them chewy!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Fine salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- One 12-ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips
- Position 2 racks in the oven. Preheat oven to 375 °F and then line baking sheets with parchment.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt
- Add butter and sugars in a bowl and beat at medium high speed or until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat with every addition.
- Pour in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop tablespoons of dough onto baking sheet.
- Roll the dough with wet hands.
- Bake. Make sure to rotate cookie sheets from upper rack to lower rack halfway through.
- Remove sheets once cookies are golden.
- Cool completely.
Baking can be dangerous...yes, it can be dangerous! You can get burn. You can pull the baking sheets from the oven, get burn and have the whole batch scattered all over your kitchen floors. So, make sure to have a great potholder like our Pratipad PLUS 4-in-1 Multipurpose Silicone Pot Holders. They work as pot holders, jar openers, trivets & spoon rests. They are capable of withstanding up to -40°F to 446°F (-40°C to 230°C). Grab yours here.