Alyssa Brantley is the owner of Everyday Maven. She loves savory food – and she’d always favor an appetizer over dessert.
She loves cheese; although she’s sensitive to gluten. She loves creating gluten free and dairy free dishes. Her website is packed with recipes that are incredibly easy to make.
She grew up on the East Coast but currently resides in Seattle with her family.
1. What is your son's favorite gluten-free recipe?
Tough one – he is a really adventurous little eater. I would say right now, it’s some type of Fried Rice – probably my Turmeric Fried Rice with Beef. He loves that dish and requests it all the time!
2. How did your family influence your love for cooking?
My family loves to cook, loves to eat and loves to explore new foods. I feel very fortunate that my parents exposed me early and often to fine dining restaurants and as well as a wide variety of cuisines. I am trying to do the same with both of my sons so that they develop global palates.
3. What do you cook when you're feeling lazy or if you need a pick-me-up dish?
SOUP! Soup is always my first comfort food and when I’m feeling lazy, making a pot of soup still seems easy.
4. What is the cooking style or technique that intimidates you the most? Why?Baking with yeast dough! Mostly because I just don’t have that much experience with it.
5. What makes your Meal Plans different from others we'd find online?
My Real Food, Real Fast Meal Plans are meant to take the thinking, planning, arguing and stressing out of everyday cooking. Eating healthy real food recipes doesn’t need to be overly complicated, take all day and stress you out. I developed the meal plans to help simplify what can be overwhelming for a lot of us. Let me do the thinking, you do the cooking and have fun at meal time again!