It’s always nice to enjoy a fresh caprese salad. It’s one of the joys of summer, but what about the rest of the year, like winter, when tomatoes taste weird and basil does not go fiercely like weeds. This Garden Chicken sandwich is perfect for those months.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup sliced bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced white onion
- 5-6 chicken fillet
- 1 cup shredded quick melting cheese or any cheese
- 1/4 cup sandwich spread
- 5-6 slices white bread
1. Heat pan and toast bread until golden then set aside.
2. In the same pan, heat oil and stir fry bell pepper and white onion for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently until crisp and tender then remove from pan.
3. In the same pan, cook chicken for 10-12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, turning occasionally until light golden brown and no longer pink in the center.
4. Turn off the heat but let chicken remain in the pan. Top each fillet with vegetables and cheese.
5. Cover pan until cheese is melted.
6. Put sandwich spread on bread.
7. Top with chicken filling and serve.