Liz Berg is the force behind That Skinny Chick Can Bake. She grew up in a household where people loved to cook. Her love for cooking and baking started in their childhood kitchen.
She is married to a chocoholic who fully supports her passion for baking rich and sinfully delicious chocolate desserts.
1. You seem to have such a huge "passion for baking rich, irresistible desserts", but do you also develop recipes for savory food?
Definitely! I have to feed my family so when I make a recipe that's a hit at home, I love to snap a few photos and share it with my readers. From savory appetizers to dinner entrees to sandwiches, I have a wide variety of non-dessert recipes, too.
2. What made you decide to start a food blog? What have you discovered is the most interesting thing about food bloggers?
I started my blog as a means to share recipes with my sisters and friends. It was my friends who encouraged and inspired me to keep it going and ultimately get me to where I am today.
3. If you were to publish your own cookbook, what would the title be? What kind of recipes would you include?
That Skinny Chick Can Bake's Favorite "Not So Skinny" Cookies and Bar Cookies. I love baking cookies and bars since they're easy to whip up in short order with little time or effort.
4. Do you find it difficult to come up with new recipes? What inspired the last recipe you developed?
I'm always inspired whether through magazines, TV show, or by friends and fellow bloggers. I love being in the kitchen and cook or bake nearly every day. The last recipe I developed was a skillet brownie, which my husband loved! I belong to a Sunday Supper group and each Sunday we post a recipe according to a theme. This was for the skillet recipe roundup.
5. What is the healthiest dessert on your website?
Either Poached Peaches or Poached Pears are probably the healthiest desserts I've posted.
And what is the most sinful dessert in terms of taste and number of calories?