Her blog took off after about a year, and she started another project to help local businesses with social media marketing. She runs both businesses from. Her blog, Recipe for Perfection, offers tested and proven recipes as well as handy tips and tricks to save time in the kitchen.
1. Was it hard establishing your blog? What is the secret to your blogging success?
It was hard, at first, to establish my blog. I had a background in technology but zero experience with blogging. The secret to my blogging success was to never be afraid to learn something completely new, which at first was on a daily basis.
2. Do you make your own recipes? If you do - how often do you come up with one? What inspires you?
I make my own recipes, and usually come up with a new one every week. I'm inspired by what makes me hungry, and by what I eat in restaurants. New recipes are as much about a whim as they are about careful planning. Successful recipes balance both.
3. Have you always had a passion for cooking? What inspired you to start a blog, specifically a food blog?
I did not always have a passion for cooking, but I always had a passion for eating. Learning to cook well made good food a lot less expensive than dining out all the time. I was inspired to start a food blog in search of the perfect brownie recipe. (I found it! See my Decadent Flourless Brownies.)
4. What's the most adventurous dish you've ever cooked or eaten?
In terms of extreme food, the most adventurous food I've eaten is the "Insane" hot wings at Zaxby's. I'm told that my lips turned purple. In terms of the least familiar food being the most adventurous, my first experience with raw tuna was an adventure.
5. Name three recipes from your site that you'd recommend to new visitors.
How to Reach Katie Moseman of Recipe for PerfectionFacebook